Division Awards Advisor (DAA) Job Description
The Eastern Division of the National Ski Patrol is now accepting applications for the position of Eastern Division Awards Advisor. Each candidate is asked provided a resume and a platform statement of vision for the Awards program. Below is a list of the responsibilities for the position. Applications should be submitted to Bob Bernatos (firstname.lastname@example.org). The deadline for applications is Feb 7, 2018.
- Attend Division Annual meeting and hold a meeting of the Region Awards advisors.
- Attend new officer workshop, Friday afternoon at the Annual meeting, to meet new officers and offer assistance with Awards.
- DAA is a member of the National Awards Committee. This committee meets via conference call approximately 6 times a year and has a face to face meeting at least once every 5 years, normally in Colorado. This committee acts as the Selection Committee for the NSP Hall of Fame and is the first level of review for any Mini Dole Award nominations. Much of the work of this committee is CONFIDENTIAL.
- Receive Award nominations via US mail from Region Awards Advisors (RAA), Review them and either forward to the National Awards Advisor (NAA) or advise RAA if the nomination does not meet the intent or criteria for the award or suggest changes. This involves many trips to the Post Office. Although the busy time for awards is August through May, nominations can and do come in all year long. Electronic submission of nominations has been discussed but as yet has not been implemented.
- Access to a Printer, Scanner and Copier. Replacement Ink cartridges and paper are occasionally reimbursable.
- Create and maintain a log that lists all nominations received, the Region that submits, the date and the disposition. This log can be hard copy but an Excel or other data base program is best. Basic knowledge of a data base program is important.
- Establish a due date for submission of “Outstanding Award” (OS) nominations. Normally March 1 which allows enough time for the judging process to be completed by April 1.
- Appoint a group of OS judges from throughout the Division.
- Review and edit OS nominations and forward them to Judges.
- Create a data base of nominations in the 13 OS categories and Judges who are assigned those categories for review. As results come back from Judges scores are entered and the winners in each category are determined.
- Order or make certificates and/or plaques for the winners in time for presentation at the Albany meeting.
- Prepare scripts for use at the Annual meeting banquet that briefly describe highlights from the winning nomination.
- Prepare winning nominations at the Division level for submission to the National competition. Signed copies of all winning nominations are due in Lakewood by June 1.
- The National Awards Advisor sets a due date for Hall of Fame nominations. So far this has been a once a year process however it could be twice a year in the future. DAA ensures that everyone in the Division is aware of deadlines and works with the Division Hall of Fame committee.
- The Division Awards Team, made up of DAA and RAAs, occasionally meets via conference call. There are frequent exchanges of email throughout the year.
- Prepare an Annual Report and address the general session at the Annual Meeting.
- Communicate with Region Directors, if requested, report on performance of RAA. Initiate a conversation about performance if Region participation in the Awards program is poor.
- Distribute Division 50 year pins when requested
- Manage EDPAA Award includes: purchasing pins and patches as needed, setting point targets and distributing pins and patches to RAAs
- Receive and forward 50 year sign requests to NAA. Complete sign reimbursement paperwork and forward to Division Treasurer.
Applications should be submitted to Bob Bernatos (email@example.com). The deadline for applications is Feb 7, 2018.